WINTER Arctic Circle Aurora Drive Adventure
A Guided Round Trip Winter Journey By Land Across The Arctic Circle. Travel north by day to experience Alaska's Arctic and south by night to scan the northern skies for the amazing aurora.
- Ground tour north from Fairbanks in the personalized comfort of our tour vehicles.
- Learn the story of Alaska's Arctic both while traveling in the van and at the various stops along the way.
- View the remarkable Trans Alaska Pipeline.
- Travel the rugged Dalton Highway made famous by the construction of the Trans Alaska Pipeline.
- Witness firsthand the remarkable wilderness scenery blanketed in snow.
- Traverse the mighty Yukon River.
- Cross the Arctic Circle in ceremonious fashion and receive an official Arctic Circle Adventure Certificate.
- Stop in Joy Alaska at the Arctic Circle Trading Post which will become your stop for scanning the darkened skies for the Aurora. The location is 60 miles outside of Fairbanks away from the city lights.
- Stay out around Solar Midnight, the time the scientists have determined are the most active in Alaska's Arctic.
- Departs 10:00 am; returns between 3:30 and 4:30 am.
- Tour Schedule: September 19, 2017 - April 21, 2018. Sunday, Tuesday, Friday primary departures - other days may be available
2017 -2018 Rate: $269 (PEAK $289) / person
PEAK November 20 – 26, 2017 / December 21 – 31, 2017 / February 16 - March 31, 2018