Aurora Fly Drive Adventure - Northbound Ground Tour
A Guided Round Trip Winter Journey By Air and Land Across The Arctic Circle.
- DAY 1: Depart by ground tour north from Fairbanks to Coldfoot in the personalized comfort of our tour vehicles.
- Learn the story of Alaska's Arctic both while traveling in the tour vehicle and at the various stops along the way.
- View the remarkable Trans-Alaska Pipeline.
- Stop along the shores of the mighty Yukon River.
- Travel the rugged Dalton Highway made famous by the construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline.
- Cross the Arctic Circle in ceremonious fashion and receive an official Arctic Circle Adventure Certificate.
- Witness firsthand the remarkable wilderness, which is Alaska's Arctic.
- Arrive in Coldfoot Camp in the foothills of the Brooks Mountain Range.
- In the late evening depart Coldfoot for the historic community of Wiseman, Alaska on the included Arctic Village Aurora tour.
- Watch for the Aurora Borealis in the solitude of the Brooks Mountain Range while experiencing a unique cabin visit with complimentary hot beverages.
- Return to your room at Coldfoot Camp for the remainder of the night.
- DAY 2: Morning time free to explore or experience an optional dog mushing tour (available Dec 15 - March 31 for additional cost).
- Late-morning to mid-afternoon, return via air from Coldfoot to Fairbanks.
- WINTER/AURORA SCHEDULE
Available Saturday, Monday and Thursday September 19, 2019 - April 21, 2020, other dates PEAK as well as dates listed below.
Departs at 9:45 am on Day 1; returns between 11:30 am and 4:30 pm on Day 2.
- WINTER/AURORA 2019 - 2020 Rate: $589 - $789 per person / PEAK: $639 -839per person
- For an Arctic Circle Aurora Fly/Drive Northbound Tour Program click HERE.
PEAK: September 19 – October 7, 2019/ November 24 - December 1, 2019/ December 21 – 31, 2019 / January 24 - February 2, 2020 / March 1 – 31, 2020
For information on how to make a reservation, click on the link to our planning page.