The Aurora Fly/Drive Adventure travels in both southbound and northbound directions for the ground tour. Departure days and rates for each itinerary are specific to that itinerary.
Aurora Fly Drive Adventure - Southbound Ground Tour
A Guided Round Trip Winter Journey By Air and Land Across The Arctic Circle.
- Fly from Fairbanks to Coldfoot, north of the Arctic Circle in the Brooks Mountain Range. The flight provides an aerial view of the vast Alaska wilderness
- Upon landing, ground tour south from Coldfoot back to Fairbanks in the personalized comfort of our tour vehicles.
- Learn the story of Alaska's Arctic both while traveling in the tour vehicle and at the various stops along the way.
- View the remarkable Trans-Alaska Pipeline.
- Travel the rugged Dalton Highway made famous by the construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline.
- Cross the Arctic Circle in ceremonious fashion and receive an official Arctic Circle Adventure Certificate.
- Witness firsthand the remarkable wilderness, which is Alaska's Arctic.
- Stop along the shores of the mighty Yukon River.
- Once the sky gets dark, make stops to scan the northern sky for the aurora.
- FALL SCHEDULE
Available Daily August 21, 2016 - September 18, 2016
Departs at 1:00 pm; returns between 1:00 and 2:00 am.
- FALL 2016 Rate: $449 / person
- Fall Aurora Fly/Drive Tour Program: LINK
- WINTER/AURORA SCHEDULE
Available Sunday, Tuesday and Friday September 19, 2015 - April 21, 2016
Departs at 1:00 pm; returns between 3:30 and 4:30 am.
- WINTER/AURORA 2016 - 2017 Rate: $419 / person
- Winter Aurora Fly/Drive Southbound Tour Program: LINK