Barrow Expedition - One Day Tour
A One Day Guided Journey By Air To The Farthest North Eskimo Village.
- Fly north across the Arctic Circle to the ancient Inupiat Eskimo village of Barrow.
- Discover firsthand the lifestyles of Alaska's Arctic Coastal peoples with a tour of the village.
- Walk the shores of the Arctic Ocean near the northernmost point on the North American Continent. Bravely dip your toe in the frigid waters of the Arctic Ocean.
- Depart Barrow on mid-afternoon flight to Fairbanks
- 8:00 am Depart Fairbanks by air.
- 9:15 am Arrive Coldfoot. Restroom Break, pickup lunch (purchase on own) from Coldfoot Camp Trucker's Cafe.
- 10:15 am Depart Coldfoot.
- 12:15 pm Arrive Barrow. Village Sightseeing Tour.
- 2:00 pm Depart Barrow for Fairbanks.
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm. Arrive Fairbanks.
- Flight times are subject to change.
- Tour Schedule: May 26 - September 01, 2014.
- Days Available: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
- 2014 Rates: $799.00 / person (From Fairbanks)
WEATHER ALTERATIONS AND THE BARROW EXPEDITION
Weather in Alaska's Arctic can and does affect flying conditions. Weather may require alteration of a portion or all of the scheduled tour itinerary.
Due to the variable conditions on the Arctic Coast, the Barrow Expedition includes a built-in weather alternate. If current or forecast weather conditions do not allow us to land at Barrow we visit another village, Anaktuvuk Pass. If weather does not allow us to land at Barrow or Anaktuvuk Pass, we visit the communities of Coldfoot & Wiseman. The price differentiation follows:
Anaktuvuk Pass --- $539 / person
Coldfoot/Wiseman --- $499 / person
It is very important that guests understand these alternatives and are aware that these are built-in to the experience. If the above mentioned alternative scenario is not consistent with what one is looking for in a tour experience, the Barrow Expedition is NOT the appropriate choice.
Should weather require an overnight stay, guest is responsible for cost of accommodations.