Thank you for considering Northern Alaska Tour Company for your Arctic Circle experience.
As you prepare for your Alaska vacation, we want to provide you with the following information. An updated mandate was released that took effect Tuesday 11 August 2020 - Health Mandate 10.1 - International and Interstate Travel.
The CURRENT mandate states:
For all travelers (residents and nonresident):
For nonresident travelers:
- Test 72 hours before departure and either upload negative result into the Alaska Travel Portal or have results available to show screeners at the airport. If still awaiting results by arrival time, travelers will need to upload proof of a test taken into the Alaska Travel Portal or show that proof of a test taken to an airport screener and self-quarantine, at their own expense, while waiting for results. The results must be uploaded into the portal when received.
- If a nonresident arrives without a pre-test, testing is available for $250 per test. The traveler will be required to quarantine while waiting on results.
To keep our coworkers, guests, and communities we visit healthy and safe Northern Alaska Tour Company will be requiring all traveling parties to complete a short health survey and have their temperature taken prior to traveling with us.
This survey is required and does include that guests have and are following the current state mandate by completing a Travel Declaration Form and have taken a Covid-19 test and have received a negative result per the mandate. Any travelling party not following the mandate will not be allowed to travel with us. This does mean even if it is one person from your party who did not complete a Travel Declaration Form, or is not following the mandates, or is exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms the whole group cannot travel.
Seat rotation on our tours will be suspended until further notice.
While inside our terminal masks are required.
While in the Northern Alaska Tour Company tour vehicle the wearing of a mask will be strongly encouraged, but not required. (please note guests on an Arctic Circle Midnight Sun and Aurora Fly Drive Adventures - Northbound and Southbound, Arctic Circle Air /Winter Air Adventure, and Arctic Circle Midnight Sun and Aurora Overnight Adventures -- will also be in a Coldfoot Camp tour vehicles where masks are required).
It is important to know some partners we work with along the Dalton Highway and in the air do REQUIRE MASKS. This includes Yukon River Camp, Coldfoot Camp, Deadhorse Camp, Air Arctic, Warbelows and Wright Air. We will communicate which partners will require a mask when guests make a reservation.
Separation - While we are open and are taking precautions it is important for travelers to be aware by taking a tour we cannot keep 6 feet separation in our ground tour vehicles or in the planes.
We clean the terminal, public bathrooms, and tour vehicles daily with disinfectant. In addition to the bathrooms for hand washing in our terminal we have hand sanitizer. On tour we carry hand wipes and sanitizer for guide and guests to use throughout the day. In our offices we have hand sanitizer stationed throughout the office area. We encourage coworkers who are not feeling well to go home and to practice good healthy practices - i.e. cough in your elbow, wash hands.
In addition, we would encourage travelers to follow recommended health guidelines and use trusted resources to make travel decisions.
- Stay healthy when you travel - stay hydrated, rest plenty and take your medications/supplements as you would at home.
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds or if washing is not available use hand sanitizer. (on this note we would encourage you to bring a supply from home - as pending what supplies are like when you travel you may not find any in stores where you go).
- Avoid touching your face - eyes, mouth and nose.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or disposable paper/tissue.
We currently have limited our hours for phone coverage. You can reach us Monday - Friday between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Alaska Time. Or do e-mail us at any time: email@example.com
The following three resources are trusted sources to use as you make your travel decisions. You may also wish to add your own state/countries health department for guidance for travelling out of and back to your home area.
We love to share Alaska's Arctic and we look forward to when we can open and share with you.
***Due to rural communities maintaining the request to limit travelers to their community to residents or essential workers we have made the decision to cancel all of our Undiscovered Arctic Adventures for the 2020 Midnight Sun Season. This means we do not have adventures to Anaktuvuk Pass, Fort Yukon, Kaktovik or Utqiagvik this season. We look forward to sharing these communities with you in the 2021 Midnight Sun Season.