A One Day Guided Round Trip Journey By Land to North America's tallest mountain
- Meet an informative and friendly Alaskan guide who is certain to make the day a memorable one - depart south from Fairbanks along the Parks Highway through the rolling hills that rim the vast Tanana Valley.
- Visit the rural community of Nenana situated on the south bank of the Tanana River - Nenana serves as a regional transportation hub with river, rail, highway, and air access - the strong threads of Tanana Athabascan culture and subsistence lifestyle running through the community lend Nenana the special feel of a "bush" village located on the road system.
- Pass through Healy - nestled on the northern edge of the Alaska Range, Healy serves as the gateway community for Denali National Park.
- Enter the Alaska Range, home to Denali, North America's highest peak.
- Arrive at Denali National Park - the Murie Science and Learning Center provides the perfect base camp for exploring Alaska's best known national park - experience Denali's six million acres of wilderness as few ever have the chance to see it - enjoy the quiet beauty and solitude of a winter landscape blanketed in snow - learn how plants, animals, and humans adopt creative strategies to survive the extreme winter cold of Alaska's Interior.
- Enjoy a short nature walk or snowshoe to see up close the beauty of the park on a short nature trail. This is a soft tour experience not an adventurous hike.
- Departs 8:30 am; returns between 6:30 and 7:00 pm.
- Tour Schedule: Available Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- For a Denali Winter Drive Tour Program click HERE.
2019 - 2020 Winter Rates: $189 (PEAK $209) person
ALASKA RAILROAD Add - On
Available on Saturday - join the Denali Winter Drive Adventure south from Fairbanks to Denali National Park. After your visit hop on board the Alaska Railroad for your return trip to Fairbanks.
Alaska Railroad Add-On - enjoy a return on the rails of the Alaska Railroad. After your visit to Denali National Park your guide will bring you to the train which will "flag stop" on the Denali Park Road for you to board. From there enjoy a leisurely trip back to Fairbanks on the train. Return to Fairbanks with this option is 8:00 pm. Add $75 per person for this option. Once made this add-on is non-refundable.
Tour Schedule: Saturdays from September 21, 2019 - May 11, 2020. Tuesday on November 27 and December 24 an 31, 2019, February 11, 18 and 25 and March 3, 10, 17, and 25, 2020. Thursday on December 26,, 2019, February 27, 2020 and March 12 and 19, 2020.
For a Denali Winter Drive Adventure with Alaska Railroad
Tour Program click HERE
For information on how to make a reservation, click on the link to our planning page.