DUE TO COVID-19 CLOSURES WE ARE UNABLE TO OPERATE THE POLAR BEAR EXPEDITION IN 2020. We have just received this information and will be contacting any current guests with reservations for a full refund or to reschedule for 2021. If you have any questions please let us know.
Viewing polar bears in the wild is one of the most unique experiences in the world. Take a walk on the wild side and see polar bears in their natural habitat. Safely view and photograph polar bears, in a rare and special wildlife encounter. Visit the Inupiat Eskimo village of Kaktovik, which is located along the coast of the Arctic Ocean on Barter Island and is the only village within the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
Alaska Polar Bear Tour Summary:
- Fly north over the expansive Yukon River Valley, home of traditional peoples that sustain their lifestyle and culture as they have for thousands of years.
- Cross the Arctic Circle.
- Experience the rugged and magnificent Brooks Mountain Range as the flight route travels through the Gates of the Arctic National Park.
- Land at the Inupiat Eskimo village of Kaktovik and travel to Marsh Creek Inn for lunch and an orientation on the community and polar bear viewing experience.
- Join a Coast Guard licensed boat captain on a water viewing expedition of these giants of the north.
- Late afternoon departure for Fairbanks.
- 2021 Tour Schedule: August 25 - September 25: Daily
- Departs 8:00 am / Return time: approximately 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- Minimum number 4 required
- 8:00 am Depart Fairbanks by air.
- 10:30 am Arrive Deadhorse. Restroom break while pilot is refueling.
- 11:00 am Depart Deadhorse.
- 12:00 pm Arrive Kaktovik.
- Van transfer from plane to Marsh Creek Inn for lunch.
- Polar Bear viewing with Coast Guard-licensed boat captain.
- Depart Kaktovik for Fairbanks.
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm. Arrive Fairbanks.
2021 Midnight Sun Season Rate: $1989 / person